Danaka Schindelka, M.A.
Registered Psychologist #909.- Offers Waitlist for Services
Danaka completed her Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology at the University of Regina in 2012. She is a Registered Psychologist with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists with Authorized Practice Endorsement (APE), which allows her to assess and diagnose psychological disorders. Danaka is a member of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA).
Danaka has recently started private practice, but has worked in the public sector since 2012. In this time, work was focused in conducting assessments and interventions to adults and children. Assessments typically included developmental disorders and cognitive delays, learning disabilities, disruptive behaviour disorders, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), personality disorders, and mood and anxiety disorders. She has experience in offering interventions for the above conditions, as well as general well-being, stress management, life transitions, and parenting support.
Danaka offers counseling to adults and couples, age 18 and over. She provides individual counseling, couples counseling, parenting support, and assessments for a variety of mental health concerns, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Women’s Health/ Perinatal Stress/ Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
- Life Transitions and Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety (social phobia, specific phobias, generalized anxiety, panic, separation anxiety)
- Health, Lifestyle Issues, and Well Being
- Occupational Stress
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Difficulties and Relationship Issues
- Child anxiety
- Child and Adult ADHD counseling
- Parenting Support
- Assessments: ADHD, Learning Disorders, Cognitive, and Mental Health